Keep Farmers Farming!
Berkshire Grown supports and promotes local agriculture as a vital part of the Berkshire community, economy, and landscape.
We do this by…
- Advocating for farmers
- Supporting Good Agricultural Practices
- Fostering education and outreach
- Increasing community access to local food
- Networking farmers and food buyers
- Promoting locally-grown and produced food
Berkshire Grown is the “go to” network linking farmers and the Berkshire community. Through events, workshops, promotions, advocacy and education highlighting locally-grown and produced food, Berkshire Grown helps to create a thriving local food economy.
Berkshire Grown is proud to be part of a coalition of Buy Local organizations working in all regions of Massachusetts to strengthen local agriculture and increase the amount of local food eaten by Massachusetts residents.
What is Berkshire Grown?
Board of Directors
- Allison Rachele Bayles, President *
- Ariel Bock
- Tom Curtin, Treasurer *
- Laurily Epstein, Vice President *
- Sarah Gardner
- Annette Grant
- Roberta Haas
- Jane Iredale
- Jan Johnson
- Jake Levin
- Dawn Masiero
- Laura Meister
- Julie Michaels
- Peter Platt *
- Martin Stosiek, Clerk *
- Hester Velmans
- Lee Venolia
- Adam Zieminski
* Members of the Steering Committee of Berkshire Grown
- Barbara Zheutlin, * Executive Director, barbara (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
- Kate Bailey, Program Coordinator, kate (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
- Jamie Paxton, Outreach Coordinator, jamie (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
- Shannon Barsotti, Farmers’ Market Manager, Williamstown
- Rose Levine, Farmers’ Market Manager, Great Barrington
Telephone 413-528-0041 | Fax 413-528-6241
Office Address: 314 Main Street, 2nd Floor Great Barrington, MA 01230
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 983 Great Barrington MA 01230
Berkshire Grown is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
Photos on the site: Jason Houston, Jonathan Hankin, Glenn Geiger, Christopher Blair
Watercolor by Stephanie Anderson