Keep Our Farmers Farming!
Berkshire Grown supports and promotes local agriculture as a vital part of the Berkshire community, economy, and landscape.
We do this by…
- Advocating for farmers
- Supporting good agricultural practices
- Fostering education and outreach
- Increasing community access to local food
- Networking farmers and food buyers
- Promoting locally-grown and produced food
- Promoting economic development by focusing on the viability of the agricultural economy
Berkshire Grown is the “go to” network linking farmers and the Berkshire community. Through events, workshops, promotions, advocacy and education highlighting locally-grown and produced food, Berkshire Grown helps to create a thriving local food economy.
Berkshire Grown is proud to be part of the Massachusetts Coalition for Local Food and Farms working in all regions of Massachusetts to strengthen local agriculture and increase the amount of local food eaten by Massachusetts residents.
Board of Directors
- Allison Rachele Bayles
- Ariel Bock
- Molly Comstock
- Tom Curtin, Treasurer *
- Sarah Gardner
- Katherine Hand
- Jake Levin *
- Dawn Masiero
- Peter Platt, Vice President *
- Amy Rudnick, President *
- Jim Schultz
- Marjorie Shapiro
- Katy Sparks
- Lee Venolia, Clerk *
* Members of the Steering Committee of Berkshire Grown
- Margaret Moulton,* Executive Director, margaret (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
- Jordan Archey, Program Manager, Business Members, jordan (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
- Kate Burke, Farm to Food Access Project Manager, kburke (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
- Sharon Hulett-Shepherd, Membership & Office Manager, sharon (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
- Molly Trova, Berkshire Grown Winter Farmers Market Manager, Williamstown
- Martha Jackson Suquet, Berkshire Grown Winter Farmers Market Manager, martha (at) berkshiregrown (dot) org
Telephone 413-528-0041 | Fax 413-528-6241
Office Address: 314 Main Street, 2nd Floor Great Barrington, MA 01230
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 983 Great Barrington MA 01230
Berkshire Grown is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
Photos on the site: Jason Houston, Jonathan Hankin, Glenn Geiger, Christopher Blair
Watercolor by Stephanie Anderson