Berkshire Grown is Here to Help
With an increase in demand for locally produced food, farmers are being asked to shift their sales approach in order to reach consumers. Berkshire Grown has created technical assistance resources to help farmers with the transitions brought on by COVID-19. Our goal is to help farmers pivot their sales strategies and strengthen their online marketing and sales presence in order to provide wider access to their farms’ products and diversify their consumer markets.
Hearing from farmers over the last month, Berkshire Grown has identified different areas of need to help farms navigate the pandemic crisis and its effects on farm product sales. The organization will be offering the following:
- One-on-one assistance developing simple pre-order systems and on-farm pick-up safety protocols
- Help identifying point of sale software systems for farm web stores
- Funding support for consultations with marketing and web professionals to help create a stronger web presence and online store
- Networking CSA farmers with additional crops and value added products from other farm producers
- Weekly farmer-to-farmer online meet-ups focused on technical assistance questions in response to COVID-19.
- Compilation of up-to-date COVID-19 resources related to farm businesses and operations
We will continue to update guidelines and available resources on our website here.
Looking for technical assistance related to COVID-19 not listed above? Let us know! We want to hear from you! How you are doing? What are the effects of COVID-19 on your farm’s operations? Let us know the type of support you need. Contact us with any updates and questions related to your farm’s new sales outlets and systems in response to COVID-19.