Do you have an idea for an infrastructure project that will help your farm grow? If so, the Local Farmer Awards is accepting applications for funding! Find the application here, in which you will outline how a project award of up to $2,500 could help (you will need to create an account to view and fill out this application). For more information, including FAQ and past awards, click here.
- Must have annual gross sales of at least $10,000
- Farm must be located in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin or Berkshire County of Massachusetts — OR
- If not located in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin or Berkshire County, be a member of BERKSHIRE GROWN or CISA
- Farm must grow, harvest, and market your own agricultural products as more than 50% of your economic activity
- Funds must be used for farm equipment and/or physical improvements related to the process of growing, harvesting, or processing.
- Project must start and finish in calendar year 2022
- Application Opens – January 1, 2022
- Application Closes – January 31, 2022
- Final Decisions communicated via email – by the end of March
- Award Checks mailed – by the end of April or within 2 weeks of anticipated project start date
Recipients submit a short online project report – October 2022