The North East Community Center (NECC) will be hosting a Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) Fair and Potluck In Millerton, NY on Wednesday, January 28.
This will be an opportunity to get to know some of farms in Dutchess and Columbia Counties offering CSA Programs, which give consumers the opportunity to purchase a share of a farm’s harvest. Farms that are participating in the CSA Fair and Potluck at NECC include:
- Full Circus Farm – Pine Plains, NY – vegetables
- Hawk Dance Farm – Hillsdale, NY – vegetables
- Herondale Farm – Ancramdale, NY – beef, chicken, lamb, pork
- MX Morningstar Farm – Copake, NY – vegetables
- Olde Forge Farm – Wassaic, NY – vegetables, eggs, chicken, trout
- Remedy Farm – Pine Plains, NY – vegetables, fermented food
- Sol Flower Farm – Millerton, NY – vegetables, flowers, eggs
- Ten Barn Farm – Ghent, NY – vegetables
WHEN: Wednesday, January 28th, 5:30-7:30pm
WHERE: NECC, 51 South Center Street, Millerton, NY
A dish to share—enough for 4 to 6 people—is entirely optional but very welcome.
ABOUT CSAs: Members sign up with the farms in advance and then pick up their bags or boxes of fresh food, usually every week throughout the growing season. Vegetable, meat, and dairy products are offered, and while most CSA programs run from June to October, some farmers are starting to extend the season and offer winter and year-round shares. Some farms have a “Pick-Your-Own” option, so that you can gather your own herbs, snow peas, and cherry tomatoes.
Not in the Millerton area? Locate a CSA near you on our Map-o-licious!