Berkshire Grown seeks an organized self-starter: Exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about local food and farms. Part-time Membership and Office Manager (25-30 hours/ week) in Great Barrington.
Role of the Membership and Office Manager
The Membership and Office Manager is the liaison between the public and Berkshire Grown. As such, s/he is in ongoing contact with Berkshire Grown community members and is a sustaining presence in the Berkshire Grown office. The Membership and Office Manager is engaged in ensuring that Berkshire Grown members feel connected to our mission to Keep Farmers Farming, and to ensure that the Berkshire Grown office runs smoothly. This person is responsible for database management, public inquiries and communications, and office management.
The ideal candidate for the Membership and Office Manager will be a motivated self-starter, highly organized with excellent time management skills. They will have the ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines using Berkshire Grown’s mission and the organization’s priorities as guiding factors. They will have a proven history of database management for a small nonprofit, office management experience that provides her/him with the confidence to be both self-directed and a team player, and while working independently, the Membership and Office Manager will enjoy collaborating closely with colleagues.
Responsibilities of the Membership and Office Manager
- Maintain and update Berkshire Grown membership and donor database, generating reports and acknowledgments
- Manage communications with household membership, including emails, monthly e-newsletter, and some social media
- Support staff and attend all Berkshire Grown events and bi-monthly Board meetings
- Update Berkshire Grown website with information, news, and events as related to household members
- Manage the production of the annual Guide to Local Food and Farms
- Together with other BG staff, greet visitors to the BG office
- Manage office communications: email inquiries, post office needs, etc.
- Manage bank deposits and provide financial information to bookkeeper
- Manage Berkshire Grown’s image library, electronic and paper office files
- Attend and take minutes at Board meetings as required
- Maintain inventory for office supplies
- Other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director
- Education and/or work experience to support detailed, self-managed work in community-based non-profit
- Minimum of two years database management experience and comfort with Little Green Light or equivalent CRM database
- Fluency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Deep interest or experience in local farming, food and agricultural issues a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours when evening and weekend work is required
- Valid driver’s license and a road-worthy vehicle.
The position offers a competitive pay rate and pro-rated QSEHRA contributions toward health insurance. After one year of continuous employment, a 3% match toward Simple IRA available.
Training for this position will begin in early March 2020.
Send resume and a cover letter indicating how your experience directly relates to the description of the Membership and Office Manager position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Berkshire Grown is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.