Taking Your Farm to the Cloud: Record Keeping and QuickBooks
with Lucy Pavalock, Owner & General Manager, Custom Business Solutions
Thursday, February 16, 5:30-8:30 PM
Lenox Community Center, 65 Walker St, Lenox MA
$10 for Berkshire Grown members (all 5 workshops for $40); $20 for non-members.
RSVPs required. Register Here.
Supper will be provided.
Operating a farm takes a ton of dedication and hard work. Like most other small business owners, farmers are often overwhelmed by the additional time it takes to keep track of their finances. Setting up consistent, easy to use methods for tracking income and expenses is a huge step toward relieving that stress. Using QuickBooks Online, you can automate most of that work and get an up-to-date financial picture of your farm – every day, if you like.
Go from tearing your hair out while balancing your checkbook and wondering how much money you really have in the bank to confidently checking your cash and profitability over a quick cup of coffee.
What can you take away from this workshop?
- Answers to questions about your current systems and how to improve your record keeping to save time and headaches
- Troubleshooting your current QuickBooks questions, if you are already a user
- A plan for setting up or upgrading to QBO, if you are interested
- An understanding of what your financials should look like before presenting them to your banker or going after a government grant
- Ideas about what you should be doing all year to make tax time go as smoothly as possible.
Lucy Pavalock, Owner & General Manager, Custom Business Solutions:
Lucy grew up in central New York. After college and several years spent working on campus at SUNY Albany, she took a position in the Berkshires at MCLA, then North Adams State College. After a stretch at Catamount Pellet Fuel Corp in Adams, she started Custom Business Solutions with her colleague Carolyn Jones. Lucy is the energy and enthusiasm of the company, constantly on the clock, the cogs in her head are always turning.