Berkshire Grown features a special slate of chefs for the March Maple Dinner on March 18, 2013 at Cranwell Resort in Lenox to celebrate the first harvest of the season. The dinner will benefit Berkshire Grown and Share the Bounty, which buys shares in local farms for food pantries.
This year’s March Maple Dinner chefs cut their cooking teeth at either Wheatleigh or Blantyre in Lenox and Stockbridge. Many of these young chefs went on to other triumphs—Brian Young is now Executive Chef at Tavern on the Green in NYC; Hung Huynh, winner of Top Chef Season 3, is now Executive Chef at The General in NYC.
No matter where these cooks now cook, their hearts have remained in the Berkshires and this is the first time all will gather to produce a meal in support of Berkshire Grown and its Share the Bounty project.
The March Maple Dinner celebrates the return of spring with a maple-inspired five-course dinner featuring these creative chefs:
- Jeffrey Thompson, Executive Chef at Wheatleigh
- Brian Young, former cook at Wheatleigh and Executive Chef at Tavern on the Green
- Hung Huynh, former cook at Wheatleigh and winner of Top Chef Season 3, current Executive Chef at The General in New York
- Chris Brooks, Former Executive Chef at Blantyre and current owner of The Chef at Your Table catering company and chef at Austin Riggs
- Michael Roller, former Executive Chef of Blantyre and current owner of Savory Harvest Catering
- Shirl Gard, former Pastry Chef at Wheatleigh and current Pastry Chef at The Old Inn On The Green
- Host Chef, Carl Deluce, Executive Chef at Cranwell Resort
The evening will feature a Live Auction with two exciting items: a wine dinner for eight at The Old Inn on the Green, and a one-week stay at Casa Miel, a home in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
The evening begins at 6 pm with hors d’oeuvres and a complimentary tasting of beverages by Barrington Brewery, Berkshire Mountain Distillers & M.S. Walker Wines with a cash bar available. Dinner follows at 7 pm. Chefs will feature maple syrup from local farms.
Tickets, by reservation only, are $100 for Berkshire Grown members, $125 for non-members. For reservations call the Berkshire Grown office at 413-528-0041.
The Mansion at Cranwell Resort is located at 55 Lee Road/Route 20 in Lenox, MA. Special lodging price for the event night at Cranwell Resort, call 413-637-1364 for rates and reservations. Mention the March Maple Dinner to obtain discount.
Berkshire Grown is the “go to” network linking farmers and the Berkshire community. Through events, workshops, promotions, advocacy and education highlighting locally grown and produced food, Berkshire Grown helps to create a thriving local food economy.