For hundreds of years Massachusetts sugarmakers have been making pure, sweet, all-natural maple syrup, and cooks have been using it for baking and cooking in endless ways. Maple syrup isn’t just for pancakes! This delicious, all-natural sweetener can be used in marinades, in baking, and for many other cooking purposes. Now you could win a prize if your recipe featuring 100% pure Massachusetts Maple Syrup is the best!
To coincide with our annual March is Maple Month celebration, Massachusetts Maple Producers Association is holding a contest and inviting anyone in Massachusetts to let us taste your most creative and delicious creations. The contest will be held at Williams’ Sugarhouse in Deerfield, MA, beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 18. Contestants will bring their dishes to the event and our panel of judges will taste and choose the winners.
- Entries may be submitted in three categories: Main dish, Side dish, Dessert
- Entries will be judged based upon taste, originality, and visual appeal.
- Each entry must include pure Massachusetts Maple Syrup as an ingredient.
- The recipe must not have knowingly been previously published and the right to submit the recipe to the contest must not be restricted in any way.
- Recipe submissions may be published by the Massachusetts Maple Producers Association in electronic or paper form, with credit given to the contestant.
- Each entry must be brought to the contest, to be held at Williams’ Sugarhouse at 491 Greenfield Road (Routes 5/10) in Deerfield, MA, by 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 18.
- Entries must be presented as a completed dish, with enough quantity for four judges to taste. Facilities to warm entries will be available at the contest site.
- Submissions must include the name of the recipe, a list of ingredients with standard U.S. measurements for each, and complete, step-by-step cooking instructions.
- Contestants must submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mass Maple, PO Box 6, Plainfield, MA 01070 before Friday, March 14 at midnight. Entries must include contestant’s name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as the recipe(s) being submitted. Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Mass Maple, PO Box 6, Plainfield, MA 01070.
- Contestants must live in the state of Massachusetts.
- Prizes will be awarded in each category, and an overall winner will be chosen as well. Prizes include: gift certificates for meals at Ioka Valley Farm, South Face Farm, and Gould’s Sugarhouse; pure Massachusetts maple syrup; and a grand prize of a night at Parker’s Bed & Breakfast and Sugarhouse.
Please contact MMPA coordinator Winton Pitcoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-628-3912 with questions.